With the holiday season approaching quickly, it’s time for my favorite activity of the year: holiday gift shopping!
Are you looking for the best affordable gift ideas for college students?
With these 87 super affordable gift ideas, you’ll be the best gift-giver this season!
The college student in your life is sure to appreciate these thoughtful gifts, and it’s the perfect way to show that you care this holiday season.
These are simple and practical gifts that every student is guaranteed to use.
- Reusable silicone straws that help save the environment.
- A durable portable charger for the student always on the go.
- A super long charging cord (iPhone) because the usual ones are always too short.
- Fashionable blue-light glasses for just about any online student.
- A reusable water bottle that will keep you hydrated.
- A desk vacuum to get rid of all the eraser shavings.
- An upright pen organizer to make your desk more organized.
- A bedside caddy to hold your phone, glasses, books, water bottle, and more.
- Dry-erase sticky notes to give yourself reminders.
- Removable whiteboard sticker for those brainstorm moments.
- A USB C to USB adapter for the MacBook Pro users who don’t have a USB port.
- A laptop carrying case to keep your computer safe as you travel.
- A high-quality laptop stand to help you keep a great posture at your desk.
- A bed/lap desk for the student that likes to stay in bed.
- A portable laptop monitor to achieve dual monitors with your laptop.
- A desk bookshelf to put all your books and textbooks.
- A Bluetooth keyboard for your laptop that’s on a stand.
- A wall outlet shelf/extender that’ll allow you to charge more devices.
- An electric kettle that’s safe and fast.
- A Moleskin planner notebook to help you become productive.
- A smart alarm clock to make mornings suck less.
- A professional document portfolio to keep all your important papers organized.
Self Care Gifts
Self care is really important for students. Help them de-stress with one of these thoughtful gifts.
- Stress-relieving bath salts to maximize your baths.
- A pair of fluffy socks to feel more comfortable.
- A relaxing eye mask to give your eyes the break they deserve.
- A muscle massager to relax your tense muscles.
- Fluffy slippers because they’re cute and comfortable.
- A packet of face masks because skincare is important.
- A jade roller to decrease face puffiness and look brighter.
- A set of essential oils to put in an oil diffuser.
- A gratitude journal to track your thanks.
- Affirmation cards to repeat every morning.
- Becoming: A Guided Journal for Discovering Your Voice by Michelle Obama.
- Let That Sh*t Go (journal) to become your better self.
- A candle in your favorite scent.
- A giant tortilla blanket to roll yourself into a burrito.
- The Complete Habit-Building Guide to build habits that stick.
- An essential oil diffuser to diffuse your essential oils (duh).
- A humidifier for the dry seasons.
- A dehumidifier for the wet seasons.
- A weighted blanket to sleep soundly at night.
- A memory foam pillow to keep your head comfortable at night.
- A bathtub pillow for those long, meaningful baths.
- Hair growth serum for the stressed out, hair-losing students.
- Brightening serum for the sleep-deprived ladies.
Supercharge a student’s next study session with these great study-related gifts.
- A pack of flashcards to make vocabulary easier to memorize.
- A durable binder to keep all your papers.
- Minimalistic desk trays to organize the small items.
- A to-do list notepad to keep track of the day’s tasks.
- A high-capacity and durable pencil case to keep all your stationary.
- A pack of Mildliner highlighters to make your notes beautiful.
- Notability (app) to easily take neat digital notes on your tablet.
- A book stand to keep your papers/books at eye level.
- Tabbed sticky note pads to keep notes in a book.
- An eye-protecting desk lamp to put on your desk.
- A smart, reusable, scannable notebook to save the trees.
- A durable and deep storage backpack to hold all your school supplies.
- A drawing pad/tablet to make writing on a computer easier.
For the gifts that don’t fit under any other category, but are sure to be appreciated by any student…
- A Spotify premium subscription to listen to unlimited music.
- A Masterclass subscription to learn from the very best.
- LED light strips to make your room TikTok-worthy.
- Artificial hanging plants to make your room more friendly.
- A gaming headset to make yourself sound crispy.
- A clear lip gloss to look a little more put together in the mornings.
- Photo frames to hang up your favorite pictures.
- A portable photo printer to keep your favorite memories forever.
- An acoustic guitar for beginners to keep you occupied over breaks.
- A wireless printer because every student needs one.
- A high-quality Bluetooth speaker for you to party by yourself.
- A mini projector for those movie nights at home.
- Apple AirPods so going outside isn’t as awkward and boring.
- An Amazon Kindle to save the trees and your eyes.
- A coffee maker because every student needs caffeine.
- An Instant Pot to make cooking a lot easier.
- A Vitamix blender to make smoothies in the busy mornings.
Show that you care with a thoughtful handmade or DIY gift!
- A photo scrapbook to cherish all your memories with a friend.
- A package of heartfelt letters detailing all your thoughts and wishes for them.
- A Powerpoint presentation of all your memories with a friend.
- A hand-written song with all your memories with a friend.
- A room or pillow spray made of essential oils.
- A clay dish for small items like jewelry or paperclips.
- A jar containing some favorites (candy, hand lotions, perfumes, pens).
- A self-care box with bath bombs, shampoos, chocolate, etc.
- Cookies, chocolates, cakes, or other handmade goodies!
That was a big list! I hope you found something here that you’d love to give to the college student in your life. And remember, it’s the thought that counts in a gift!
If you’re looking for more, check these out!
- 21 Best Study Abroad Gifts Every Student Will Love
- 10 Powerful & Free Productivity Tools You Should Be Using
- 7 Secrets Successful Students Will Never Tell You
- 25+ Thoughtful Care Package Ideas For College Students