Looking for inspiration for your college bucket list?
Bucket lists are a great way to make the most out of life by creating a list of things you want to accomplish. These college bucket list ideas are perfect for college students to do before they graduate!
Four years of college will fly by before you know it (trust me, I’m speaking from experience!) so it’s a smart idea to make a list of all the things you want to do before college is over.
Some of these college bucket list ideas are just for fun, while others are more practical.
Take a look at this ultimate college bucket list for some great ideas to help you make the most of your college years:
The Ultimate College Bucket List
1. Cheer on your college’s team at a sporting event.
Whether it’s football, baseball, basketball, volleyball, or another sporting event, show up wearing your college’s colors and cheer on the team to victory.
2. Participate in campus traditions.
Many college campuses have annual traditions like Homecoming Week, but most colleges have their own unique traditions that you’ll learn about as a freshman.
Participating in these traditions is a great way to make memories with your friends and feel like you’re part of the campus community.
3. Get a leadership position in a club or organization on campus.
Not only is a college resume booster, but getting a leadership position teaches valuable life lessons and can help you make a difference on campus and in the broader community.
4. Join an intramural sports team.
You don’t have to be an amazing athlete to participate in intramural sports in college. Intramurals are a fun, low-pressure way to join a team sport.
It’s a great way to stay active and make friends on campus.
5. Apply for your dream internship.
Applying for internships in college can be a stressful process. You might send out 15 applications only to get 14 rejections and one yes. But that one yes is all you need!
Even though it might feel like a stretch, apply for internships at companies you dream of working of. You never know what will happen, and it’s always worth trying.
6. Join Greek life and pledge a sorority or fraternity.
If your college has Greek life, you may consider rushing and joining a sorority (for girls) or a fraternity (for guys.) Greek life is one of the best ways to make friends in college and enjoy an active social life filled with fun events and parties.
7. Study abroad for a semester.
The number one thing I recommend doing in college is studying abroad. This is one of the best times in your life to experience living in another country and traveling abroad.
Many colleges offer a variety of study abroad programs. Some are for a full semester or even an entire academic year, while others are shorter programs over summer or winter break. You typically pay the same tuition for studying abroad as you would normally, so it can be a surprisingly affordable experience.
8. Make all As in your classes one semester.
Challenge yourself to make As in every class one semester. It might mean committing to attending every class and office hours, and spending more time at the library than usual, but making the Dean’s List is a worthwhile feeling.
9. Visit a high school friend at their university.
It can be hard to keep in touch with high school friends once you get to college. However, you’ll be glad that you did. Visit one of your high school friends at their university for a weekend. It’s fun to see a different campus and meet your old friend’s new college friends.
10. Participate in trivia at a local bar or pub.
Many college towns have local bars and pubs that host weekly trivia nights. Grab a group of friends and try your hand at trivia at least once.
11. Snap a photo with your college mascot.
Yes, it’s a little cheesy, but it’s also fun to get a photo with your college mascot! You may be able to find them at a sporting event or another school spirit event.
12. Volunteer at a local food bank or other charitable organization.
Prioritize giving back as much as possible during college. There are many ways that you can volunteer, and organizations on campus can help you connect with charitable opportunities.
Whether it’s volunteering at a local food bank, collecting donations for a women’s shelter, or spending a day doing trash clean-up at a local park, find a way to get involved.
13. Celebrate Friendsgiving with your college friends.
“Friendsgiving” is a fun tradition that many college students celebrate. Typically, a group of friends will have a dinner party the week before or after Thanksgiving to get together and celebrate friendship.
14. Tailgate before a college football game.
Tailgating is a classic fall tradition on many college campuses. Before a home football game, students and alumni gather to pre-game and it’s always a fun time.
15. Go on an epic spring break trip with friends
You only get four spring breaks in college, so make the most of them! Spring break is a fun time to travel and let loose with friends.
Whether you go on a beach trip, a cruise, or a budget-friendly destination abroad, be sure to plan at least one epic spring break trip with your friends in college.
More College Bucket List Ideas
16. Pull an all-nighter studying at the library.
17. Get a job as an RA (research assistant) or TA (teaching assistant).
18. Research and apply for scholarships.
19. Keep a journal, even if it’s just a few lines per day.
20. Decorate your college dorm room or apartment.
21. Take a fun elective class that actually interests YOU.
22. Go to a music festival with your friends.
23. Attend random campus events for free food.
24. Have a picnic on the quad.
25. Participate in an open mic night.
26. Throw an epic 21st birthday party.
27. Live in an off-campus apartment or house with your friends.
28. Take a spontaneous weekend road trip.
29. Try every single dining option on campus.
30. Attend a sorority or fraternity formal (AKA college prom).
31. Go for karaoke with your friends.
32. Take up a new hobby by joining an on-campus club.
33. Visit the campus career center and get feedback on your resume.
34. Ask one of your professors out to coffee.
35. Travel to an away football game or another sporting event.
36. Learn how to cook more than just ramen noodles.
37. Get to know an international student or foreign exchange student.
38. Stay on campus one summer and get a job.
39. Go see a college theatre production or concert.
40. Memorize the words to your college’s fight song.
41. Throw an epic Halloween party.
42. Visit all the bars in your college town once you’re 21.
43. Take a weekend trip to a nearby city or state.
44. Attend a lecture for a class you know nothing about.
45. Help other students as a peer mentor or campus tour guide.
46. Go for a midnight food run with friends.
47. Attend your campus career fair.
48. Get a tattoo, dye your hair, or try a new style.
49. Skip classes for one day (just don’t make it a habit!).
50. Decorate your cap and mortarboard for graduation!
College Bucket List Ideas
These are some of the best ideas for your college bucket list to accomplish before you graduate!
You don’t have to do all of these things, but these are just some ideas to inspire you when creating your own college bucket list.
A bucket list is a great way to make the most of your college years!