Are you looking for the best date ideas for college students? These college date ideas are fun, not boring, and they won’t break the bank!
Dating in college can be tricky. You may want to go on exciting and unique dates, but you might not have tons of money to do so.
These date ideas for college students guarantee a good time and they don’t have to cost a ton of money.
In fact, I’ve included lots of college date ideas that are totally FREE throughout this list.
Here are the best college date night ideas to spice up your dating life:
50 Date Ideas for College Students
1. Build a blanket fort and have a movie night.
This is a free date night idea that is super cute and a lot of fun! Building a blanket fort will make you feel like you’re a kid again. Get some twinkly lights to add to the ambiance.
2. Volunteer at an animal shelter together.
Another free date idea that also lets you make an impact. Many animal shelters need volunteers to spend time with the animals and help with activities like cleaning and playtime.
3. Attend a college sporting event.
Going to a college sporting event like a football or basketball game is another date idea that is free for students and a lot of fun.
4. Go to an amusement park or carnival.
If there’s a nearby amusement park or if the carnival has come to town, this can be the perfect romantic date night idea for college students.
5. Carve pumpkins together around Halloween.
Bonus: Go to the pumpkin patch together first and pick out a pumpkin or two! Then take them home to make a design using your best pumpkin-carving skills.
6. Attend a pub trivia night (this is a great double date idea!)
Many local bars and pubs in college towns have weekly trivia nights. Getting another couple to join you as a trivia team can be a fun double date idea.
7. Go roller skating together.
For a unique date idea, go roller skating together. Most skating rinks offer roller skate rentals and they often have fun themed nights like disco or ’80s night.
8. Watch an open mic night at a comedy club.
If you’re looking for a free or cheap date idea, hit up open mic night at a local comedy club. This is when amateur comedians can come to try out their new material, and tickets are usually free or extremely cheap.
9. Go thrift shopping and buy crazy outfits for each other with a $10 budget.
This is a hilariously fun date idea. Head to the nearest Goodwill and pick out the craziest outfit you can find for the other person with a $10 budget, then wear your outfits to dinner.
10. Have a movie marathon of a series (e.g. Harry Potter.)
Want to have a cozy night in? Have a movie marathon of a series of films like Harry Potter or Star Wars. Don’t forget plenty of popcorn and candy.
11. Go kayaking during the summer.
During the summer months, going kayaking is a fun date idea. If there’s an ocean, lake, river, or other body of water nearby, chances are you can find a place to rent tandem kayaks. Pack a picnic lunch to make a day out of it.
12. Check out a local museum (many are free for college students!)
Another one of the best date ideas for college students is going to a local museum and soaking up some art and culture. Many museums offer free or steeply discounted admission for college students as long as you bring your student ID.
13. Go berry picking on a local farm.
This is a seasonal date idea perfect for the spring and summer months. Many local farms will offer berry picking where you can go fill up a basket with delicious fresh strawberries, blueberries, or another type of berry.
14. Have a game night (also a fun double date/group date.)
If you’re looking for a free, low-key date idea, why not have a game night? This is also something that can be more fun with more people, so invite another couple for a night of card games or board games.
15. Go apple picking in the fall.
Much like berry picking in the late spring and early summer, apple picking is the perfect fall activity. Check out local orchards that offer apple picking — you can even bake an apple pie together afterwards!
More College Date Ideas
16. Decorate a gingerbread house together around the holidays.
17. Get competitive by playing laser tag.
18. Visit a botanical garden.
19. Go for a scenic hike and pack a picnic lunch.
20. Watch fireworks on the Fourth of July.
21. Go ice skating during the winter.
22. Play Ultimate Frisbee together.
23. Go to a farmer’s market and buy ingredients to cook a recipe together.
24. Drive around and look at Christmas lights during the holidays.
25. Try stand-up paddle boarding.
26. Go indoor rock climbing together.
27. Print out your favorite photos together and make a scrapbook.
28. Attend a concert or music festival.
29. Show off your skills by going bowling.
30. Go to a corn maze during the fall.
31. Attend an on-campus theater performance.
32. Go to a karaoke bar and sing your hearts out.
33. Bake Christmas cookies together around the holidays.
34. Get back to nature by going camping.
35. Attend an outdoor movie screening in the summer.
36. Spend an afternoon at the zoo.
37. Take swing dancing classes (or another type of dance lesson) together.
38. Go tubing in the river during the summer.
39. Try your hand at painting together.
40. Go mini-golfing together.
41. Rent bicycles and go for a scenic bike ride.
42. Head to a local beach or lake and go swimming.
43. Spend the evening battling it out at an arcade.
44. Have a bookstore date and pick out a book for the other one to read.
45. Attend a free exhibition or lecture on campus.
46. Lay on a blanket and stargaze at night.
47. See a movie at a drive-in theater.
48. Visit an aquarium.
49. Go to a beer or wine tasting.
50. Watch the sunset or sunrise together.
Best College Date Ideas
These are the best date ideas for college students!
Even if you don’t have a lot of money as a student, many of these are free and cheap college date ideas that are still a lot of fun!
Your date nights don’t have to be boring — try out one of these ideas instead!