Congratulations, you’re finally in your senior year of high school! Though this may be a stressful time (in the midst of college applications), it’s still a time to celebrate – you’ve come so far!
In this post, I’ve gathered 50 fun (and not-so-fun) things to do in your senior year of high school. While many of these are fun bucket list activities, you’ll also find some essential things you should do as a high school senior!
If you find yourself slacking off and not sure what to do with your time, this list could be helpful. Or if you’re looking for fun ideas and inspiration, you’ll also find that on this list.
Remember that this is just for reference and inspiration, and you definitely don’t have to do everything on this list.
Without further ado, let’s jump into the list of high senior senior bucket list activities. Be sure to bookmark it for later!
Okay, let’s talk about academic things you should do during high school to set yourself up for future success. Not all of these are super exciting, but they are well worth the effort!
- Take college-level classes or dual enrollment courses (you will thank yourself in college when you don’t have to take as many classes because you have credit to exempt them!
- Take Advanced Placement (AP) exams so you can opt out of college classes
- Research and apply to summer programs or study abroad programs
- Attend college planning nights or events
- Make a college list and start applying to schools
- Attend college fairs and informational sessions
- Visit colleges and universities (time this around school breaks so you can visit multiple schools in one go and make a road trip out of it!)
- Take the SAT or ACT
- Start a personal portfolio or resume
- Begin the financial aid process (this can take even longer than applying for college, so it’s a good idea to start early)
- Attend college planning workshops or seminars
- Meet with your school counselor to discuss your plans after high school
- Start thinking about and planning for your future career
- Research scholarship opportunities (free money — trust me, you will thank yourself later if you can score some scholarships for college)
- Explore study abroad options or exchange programs for college
- Take advantage of resources at your school, such as tutoring or academic advising
- Start building a professional network (see if you can grab coffee with someone whose career you admire as a start)
Next up, here are some productive things you can do when you’re bored. Instead of wasting your free time watching TV or scrolling aimlessly through social media, try one of these activities instead.
- Learn a new language (use a free app like Duolingo to make practicing easy and fun)
- Learn to code or develop a new technical skill
- Start a business or side hustle
- Do an internship
- Start a volunteering position (it’s a rewarding way to spend your time, and you can include it on your resume)
- Learn a new instrument or continue music lessons
- Take an online course or MOOC (massive open online course)
- Start a new club
- Join a study group or form one with classmates
- Start a personal blog or website (you can even make some extra money this way!)
- Start a YouTube channel
- Create a budget and start saving money
- Take a cooking or baking class
- Try a new sport or physical activity
Related Post: What’s In My Backpack: High School Senior
Finally, here are some fun activities to do during your senior year. These are the best high school senior bucket list activities to make the most out of your last year of high school.
- Host a movie night with friends
- Host a game night with friends
- Go on a road trip with friends (this is the perfect cheap activity for spring break or another school break if you can’t afford a big trip)
- Attend a concert for your favorite artist
- Take a dance class or join a dance team
- Attend a sporting event or watch party with friends
- Go to an amusement park or water park
- Explore a nearby beach or lake
- Go camping with friends (another cheap way to travel and make lots of memories with your friends)
- Take a trip to the mountains or go skiing or snowboarding
- Attend a local festival or event
- Attend a music festival (like Coachella or Lollapalooza)
- Go to a theater production or live performance
- Take a yoga or meditation class
- Explore a nearby city or a new state (you don’t have to go super far from home to experience new places)
- Host a DIY craft or art workshop with friends
- Attend a comedy show or open mic night
- Go to a trampoline park or indoor climbing gym
- Go to a drive-in movie theater
These are 50 of the best things to do during your senior year of high school.
It’s time to make the most of your final year of high school and prepare for the next phase of your life. Whether you’re focusing on academics, personal growth, or just having fun, there are plenty of opportunities to make the most of this exciting time.
Hopefully you found something to do from this list.
Whether you’re planning to attend college, start a career, or take some time off, your senior year is a great time to explore your options and make the most of your opportunities. So go out there and make the most of your final year of high school – and have fun!
I hope you enjoyed this post, and here are a few more related ones to check out: